Supporting local business is more important now than ever. From patio-side team meetings to a bingo challenge, here are five ways your business can support local any day of the year.
Offsite Team Meeting
Put the laptops & phones down for an hour and have a team meeting in your neighbourhood of choice. For larger workplaces, consider splitting into pods (max of 6 people) at select tables, or ordering a grab and go lunch to enjoy at Riverside Park or McArthur Island Park.
Host a Fun Team Building Activity
Close up shop early on a Friday afternoon and host a team building activity offsite. Here are four ideas for team-building experiences:
- Hit a bucket of balls at Mount Paul Golf Course’s driving range
- Saddle up for a trail ride at Campbell Hills Guest Ranch
- Split into groups for an escape room experience at Exit Kamloops
- Try disc-golf at McArthur Island followed by patio-side appetizers at Red Beard Café
Business Bingo Challenge
Create a business bingo card with activities for your team to complete every month or season for special incentives. Four ideas for bingo cards include:
- Leave a Google Business or Trip Advisor review for a restaurant
- Donate time or money to a local charity
- Purchase a gift card from a Kamloops business
- Hire a local contractor (i.e. exterminator, tire mechanic, web developer)
Purchase Thoughtful Gift Cards
Find out what makes your team tick when they are off the clock. Purchase thoughtful gift cards that they can put towards their passions such as home renovations, family fun, or a day at the spa.
Give Digital Kudos
It’s a loud world on the internet so help other Kamloops businesses stand out with the following:
- Leave a Trip Advisor review for an attraction
- Follow their accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- ‘Like’, comment and share their posts
We encourage you to share how your business is supporting Kamloops’ business community by using #ykastrong and tagging @ykastrong on Facebook and/or @yka_strong on Instagram this season.